I was shopping at Ranch 99 and impulsively bought a jar of Tom Yum paste (it was on sale for under $2!) and it’s so good that I made 3 meals in a row with it in one (long) weekend. I’ve been craving pizza for a while and decided to make Tom Yum pizza. Who knew that cheese and Tom Yum goes so well together?
1 pizza serves about 2 people
Tips and notes
- I prefer using silicone baking mats. The dough pretty much never sticks unlike when I try to use foil and oil. This isn’t the exact one I use, but is something similar. The bottom isn’t as crispy though so I like to pop it in the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Makes sure your toppings (i.e. vegetables) are dry before putting them on the pizza. Otherwise, there will be a lot of liquid on your pizza and it could get soggy.
- You can swap out toppings as you wish or add more of your favorites.
- 1/2 can (about 8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tom yum paste
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 onion
- 1 cup mushroom (I used shimeji)
- 1 cup shrimp (I used small ones)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (garnish)
- 4 Thai chilis
- 1 lb of pizza dough (I just buy it from the store – Trader Joes or Whole Foods).
Putting it together
- Mince the garlic.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.
- Add the tomato sauce and garlic and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tom yum paste. Add in a little at a time and adjust to your liking.
- Let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Stir in the fish sauce and lime. Set aside.
- Toss shrimp in 1 Tbsp sauce. Set aside.
- Wash and dry mushrooms. Cut or break apart into pieces.
- Slice onion into thin slices and about 1 inch long.
- Cut the Thai chilies into 5-6 small pieces.
- Roughly chop the cilantro (save for after baking).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Get a baking sheet and line with a mat or something to prevent the pizza from sticking to the pan.
Putting it together
- [If any] Follow the instructions on the dough package. Mine had me sprinkle flour on the baking mat and let the dough sit for room temp for half an hour.
- Roll out the pizza dough to your liking. Roll it more if you want it thinner, or you can also have it thicker. If you want, you can also create a crust. Just make sure that there are no holes or else the sauce will fall through.
- Once the dough is rolled out, spread the sauce out evenly.
- Sprinkle an even layer of cheese on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms, onions and shrimp on top.
- Bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes. You can bake it longer if you want it a little crispier, but check the bottoms to make sure they don’t burn.
- Take them out of the oven and garnish with cilantro.
- Cut, serve and eat while it’s still hot.
This was SO good! It’s so jam packed with spicy, salty and tangy flavors. I LOVE Tom Yum and this pizza did not disappoint. I also intentionally made extras so that I can have leftovers for another. I was very satisfied with this meal. The fiancé also told me at least 5 times how good it was. He thanked me by doing all the dishes 🙂