I wanted to make a winter-y cocktail to go with my dinner and loved the idea of a sparkling blood orange cocktail as blood oranges are in season and it has such a great color!
Serves 1 – multiply the recipe for more cups
- 1/2 blood orange – juiced
- 1/2 cup sparking blood orange juice
- 1 shot vodka
- 1 slice of blood orange for garnish
- 1 sprig of rosemary for garnish
Putting it together
- Squeeze 1/2 blood orange juice into a cup
- Pour in 1 shot of vodka
- Add in a 1/2 cup of sparkling blood orange soda
- Use a sprig of rosemary to slowly stir everything together (be careful as if you stir too fast, the carbonation will overflow)
- Stick the sprig of rosemary into a slice of blood orange and add it to the drink for garnish
The result was a super simple glass of sparkling blood orange cocktail. It tasted great with the fresh citrus flavor and the hint of rosemary. It looked really pretty as well and I’d definitely make it again as a quick and simple cocktail to serve.