I love eating out and and checking out new restaurants, but shelter-in-place has really put a damper on that. I’m not much of a take out fan so I’ve been eating at home a lot lately (and it also doesn’t hurt that my mom cooks well). My mom’s birthday was coming up and I didn’t want her to cook for herself, but I didn’t want to cook a birthday worthy meal either. After randomly scrolling through Instagram, I came across pictures of the Little Lao Table at Farmhouse Thai Kitchen and knew that it was going to be the perfect solution.
- Location: Oakland (where I went), but they also have location in San Francisco
- Address: 336 Water St., Oakland CA 94607
- Restaurant Type: Thai
- Price: $$
- Ambience: Casual, Trendy, Classy
- Attire: Causal
- Phone number: (510) 419-0541 to place your order for pick-up. They also have delivery options, but the delivery service takes a high % so I picked up.
What it includes
- Fresh rolls with peanut sauce
- Beef rolls
- Papaya salad
- Penang short ribs
- Hat yai fried chicken
- Shrimp fried rice
- Pad Thai
- Spicy eggplant
- Blue rice and fried egg
- 1 free kids meal
- 2 Thai tea or 2 Singha beers
This platter was so worth $59.99. First of all, the presentation was impressive and colorful. Second, all the food was delicious! There was so much variety and so much flavor and I was super happy the whole time I was eating. Regardless if you’re too lazy to cook or not, I would recommend ordering this platter (take out only obviously) as it was affordable (we were able to feed around 4 people even though it’s meant for 2) and delicious!